Thursday, August 25, 2011

TGI... Wednesday?


Well what an awesome two days! Mom came to stay with us and spent all of Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday around the Vantucky area. On Tuesday she puppysat because I went to a Kappa alumni event right after work. Yep... that's right... I technically qualify as a lady who lunches. Or in this case happy-hours. It was really nice to meet some people closer to my age who I already had something in common with. And eat delicious hummus in downtown Portland for $4. So that was a lot of fun and a good change of pace for my Tuesday! On Wednesday we had a marathon of a day that ended in the picture you see above... Lola partaking in her own sort of happy hour. I went to work and when I came home mom and I went to the gym together. Then after the gym we went to puppy school! Also while I was at work mom weeded my lawn, moved furniture, and walked Lola. Best. Mom. Ever. I am so lucky to have her nearby to come take care of me and Lola when we need help.

Update: Puppy school was pretty entertaining again this week! Lola and Duke continued their little romance, but otherwise Lola was realistically very well behaved. We learned what you're supposed to do to get them used to the bath (apparently my strategy of filling the bath with water and then throwing Lola in isn't the 'best' way to do it) and to get them used to clipping their nails (again... they didn't seem to suggest my strategy of waiting till the puppy is asleep and then sneaking up on them with the clippers), and we started to learn 'down'. Lola and I will be practicing it a lot because A) she likes it because she gets treats and B) I like it because I can do it sitting down. Hopefully by next week she'll be a pro at 'down' as well as 'sit' and 'come'! Also - I feel like it is important to inform you all that roxy-the-cheeto-dog puked. twice. Just reinforcement for my previous statement that they probably should not have been feeding her cheetos.

No comments:

Post a Comment