Monday, September 12, 2011

Mom came to visit!

YAY!
Mom's visits are the best. She always brings goodies (this time it was tax papers for me and a squeaky toy for Lola) and somehow she just understands both of us. Whether we are being silly:

or getting sleepy:
I don't really know how she does it with her busy schedule - but it's always awesome when she stops by for a visit. This weekend it was on the way to go see Maddie's extremely awesome soccer games! Yayyyyy Maddie! And this Thursday Mads comes up to Portland for a game so I'm looking forward to seeing her. And the whole rest of the family. And I know that Lola is too! 

Also today we went to petco because Lola ate her entire 30 lb bag of food. I thought we would have it for a while but no.... 1 giant bag in a little over a month. That means she's eating quite possibly almost a pound a day. While at Petco I could not help picking up some different treats to hide for her while I'm at work and I also let Lola pick out a toy. Based on her taste level this may be the last time she is allowed to pick without guidance. Because she picked a 2 ft long lime green double squeaker soft puppy toy. It's very similar to Minnie's yellow one.... except about 5 times bigger. and lime green. see picture: http://source-www.petco.com/assets/product_images/8/800443057100b.jpg
oh yes.... she picked out the Jumbo size. Also while at Petco I noticed their Halloween costume selection! As Lola and I live in a neighborhood this will be the first Halloween that I might have trick or treaters! Therefore we need costumes. Current ideas include:
hotdog and hamburger (lola is hotdog)
scooby doo and thelma (I feel like kids these days might not know scooby doo)
.......
for those of you who know me well you know that I really don't like Halloween so my ideas are few and far between. However I am taking suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Lola having a Halloween costume is the best idea I've heard all day :)

    ReplyDelete