Full disclosure: this post is one of those that is really mostly mainly not about Lola
Instead I am going to tell you about the most awkward Safeway experience I have ever had. So I may have told some of you this but apparently there is an unwritten code about who shops when. Monday afternoon: Pregnant people. Sunday evening: Single people. I discovered this when I accidentally went to Safeway on a Monday. I don't know when other people shop because, frankly, after the Monday experience I was slightly afraid to try any other day. So I stick to Sundays. Anyways this Sunday I was in line at the checkout with my normal cart full of greek yogurt, fruit, and whatever else looks good at the time (this week it was cliff bars and jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches). I start to put my items on the conveyer and then I hear the guy behind me say, "do you like that yogurt?".... I look down at the conveyer belt with 8 containers of chobani yogurt.... me: "um... yeah it's my favorite greek yogurt!" him: "well good because I got a lot" and then he shows me the largest container purchasable of strawberry chobani yogurt. Great for him. Love yogurt chit chat in the checkout. So that's slightly awkward but fine... moving on. So I start talking to the checker because my club card isn't registering and after swiping my card she asks me "are you two together?" referring to me and the guy behind me. I (confused) say, "no, I put one of those dividers between our items" her: "no... I meant are you 'together'?".... at this point.... my only reply was "no" and my only thought was "dear lord this is the most awkward checker I've ever had!"... I don't even remember telling her I didn't need help out... I just swiped my credit card and ran....
Carol... I will not be stopping by your checkstand any longer!
Also... I'm in the market for another night to shop.... may try tuesday next week
post on Mom coming to visit Lola tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment