It is with sadness in my closet that today I mark the complete dis-assemblage of dad's old right sandal. A size 10 testament to rubber and leather tasked with the ultimate mission of entertaining a canine possessing jaws of great strength and unflagging energy. With total selflessness this shoe sacrificed its utility for her enjoyment, and ceased to protect feet in the hope that other shoes would be spared to continue to serve. Who can begin to quantify the number of high heels, strappy sandals, and on-trend wedges and booties saved through its ultimate sacrifice. Let the small bits of rubber populating the space between couch cushions serve as a constant reminder of the power of one shoe. Although worn out from miles and miles of walking over lava rocks, golf courses, and who knows what else, I hope to always remember this shoe for the way it helped me distract the ferocious four-legged creature in times when I thought nothing else would take her attention from my silk blouses, flouncy hemlines, and bangle bracelets. RIP shoe. You will not be forgotten.
P.S. Dad.... we need the left one
P.P.S. I'm actually pretty impressed she managed to separate it into two pieces. In the words of Ron Burgandy "How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad. That's amazing!"
Hahahahha! Good work Lola! RIP sandal. The left one is on it's way!!! Great blog! Great dog!!
ReplyDelete