Friday, December 9, 2011

Lola weighs....

Almost as much as a bag of pig feed! I just realized that I haven't updated anyone... except Jake, Mom and Dad... on the state of Lola's  health and I am pleased to report that the dog warts are gone and Lola has made a full recovery. She has also caught up on her peanut butter consumption and as such weighs in at a whopping 45 lbs. But it's ok! She still lets me tote her around (proof below).

Although I thought it was important to update on Lola's health, that's really not the main reason for this post. In reality I just needed an excuse to share a little more dog related Christmas humor! As you know, we have reached the time of the year where pageants, plays, ballets, and all sorts of Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa (is that still a thing?)/Holiday celebrations occur in venues from the Met in NYC to the Pre-school on Kings Blvd (where I distinctly remember being cast as Mary in the nativity play... figure that one out guys). Most of these celebrations have some element of song and dance which give them a unique artistic flair. I myself participated in many a nutcracker as a small child. And although I never graduated beyond the role of  'Mouse' I gained an appreciation for the Christmas-time performance. With a little (or a lot) of time to spare I decided to start looking for something in the spirit of the holidays that Lola could participate in as well. Although I considered casting her as Max in my own personal rendition of The Grinch, I decided that might be a bit too ambitions for December 9th. After many hours of searching for something truly inspirational on the Internet I have unearthed a very short video that I find to be the epitome of artistic expression and musical genius:

CLICK HERE. WATCH IT. PLEASE! 

Ok so maybe not "genius" in the classical sense but now I really REALLY want to do this. So if any of you wonderful friends and family members  (I'm looking at you Minnie) want to participate we'll be having rehearsals starting this Saturday at 10am. Also if are concerned about how our production will be unique and inspirational don't worry! I have it covered! We will be wearing costumes*:
* For size references you should know that I am sporting the XL or 'Golden Retriever' while Lola is wearing an M. Please come prepared with the general size of your head to ensure proper hat fitting for the performance. Sample sizes will be available to try on at all rehearsals. 

** Yes this was totally mom's idea. and the result of a Target trip gone awry. I think we went looking for a tin...

*** Also, despite the smile in the photo, I'm quite embarrassed and would appreciate if this could be our little secret. Thanks!

**** Also also there's no way this is the last ridiculous Christmas themed post so don't even worry about it

No comments:

Post a Comment