It's Cheap
Now this may sound unromantic but for under $300 I got a puppy who was fixed, microchipped, and had her first two rounds of shots. I also got a free vet check and a return policy AND rented a kennel so she would have somewhere to sleep while she was still small before I got her a big dog kennel. Not only did I save money, but that allowed me to spend fairly indiscriminately on things like emergency vet visits (2 at $90/visit) lots of food ($40/bag) toys and treats (it's embarrassing how much I spend) and all sorts of other things like benadryll and hypoallergenic shampoo. Not to mention replacing all the things she destroyed (it's fine I didn't like that furniture anyway). And you know what? I would've spent the money either way... but I feel good knowing that everything I paid for Lola went directly to her care, and helping other puppies like her. Or at least went into the pockets of someone who gave her a chance when someone else wouldn't.
Give a puppy a chance! adopt!
No comments:
Post a Comment