Thursday, February 9, 2012
Time for Lola's Close-up?
As you know Lola is beautiful. This is not just my opinion, or the opinion of my family (most notably my mom who regularly introduces Lola as her 'Grand-doggy') but we are regularly stopped on walks so that people can admire her or even take pictures of her. Recently there was one gentleman from the Midwest who was documenting his trip to the west coast and felt compelled to take approximately 30 glamor shots of Lola. Anyways - I just stumbled across this great article about dog shows and apparently the owners of these high quality show dogs pay real money to place advertisements in dog show magazines to try and convince the judges that their dog is the best. In celebration of the upcoming Westminster kennel club dog show (shout out to Maddie and Coco the Norfolk Terrier! I swear we accidentally watched the dog show about 10 times in various hotels ... for anyone interested it's always on from like 10pm-1am and you just can't turn it off!) I thought I'd post the link to these excellent ads. I think that Lola could really give these purebred champs a run for their money! I mean.... if the competition was based on snuggleability and sneakiness..... take a look at the ads anyway - they're pretty funny. My favorite clearly being the valentine's day themed poodle ad: Dog Show Glamour Shots
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Man, those are some uuuugggllly mutts, errrrr, purebreds. Lola is SO much cuter than any of those! However, that was some helmet on the Valentine dog, and Drummer was pretty cute, maybe over-coiffed, but cute! Still, Lola wins! Hands, ummmmm, paws down!
ReplyDelete