Lola and I are so sorry for the long hiatus from posting!
There is a ton to catch up on so instead of trying to do it in one post we're going to start from the beginning. Which takes us back to 10/27/2011 when Maddie and the Stanford Women's Soccer Team was visiting Oregon! It was so much fun to have the whole team at home and so I drove down after work to partake in the festivities! I also got to see both sets of grandparents and I left Lola for the weekend so that I could take the FE in peace on Saturday. Rachel Quon who is Maddie's year and on the soccer team made an extremely excellent video about their road trip and there's some great footage of my house and My llama! So check it out: http://www.ourgamemagazine.com/?p=2145
Fun fact - when Mom had to catch Icicle so that the soccer team could pet a llama, she managed to do so by outrunning him. We have a pretty big field and I think that this could be an excellent way to train for long distance running competitions.... Llama catching. I think this could really catch on!
It was so great to see Maddie as always but I had to leave after dinner to go back up to Vancouver so that I could take my exam. The exam was awful. It was very long and very boring and asked a lot of questions that I did not care very much about and found very irritating to answer. Very unpleasant Saturday. However! I drove back down to Corvallis to see Maddie's game against the Ducks on Sunday and to pick up my lovely puppy who spent the weekend at home!
Unfortunately while we were packing up, Lola got into some Decon which required an emergency trip to the puppy ER. Apparently the way Decon works is that it stops the production of vitamin K which is a clotting factor in the blood. Without this, creatures will die of internal bleeding. Lola had to go to the vet and they induced vomiting and now she's taking vitamin K supplements until December. On the plus side the people at the vet fell in LOVE with Lola and Lola seemed unaffected by the induced vomiting and was perfectly happy to have the full attention of the vets and lab techs. Also she had to be weighed when admitted so I can proudly report that Lola weighs 41 lbs! On the minus side... I think it's obvious. And once again Lola's tab this month is far longer than mine! Thankfully mom and I were both there and saw it happen so we got it away from her quickly and were able to take her to the vet with no harm done. This was a complete accident and Lola is totally fine but I know mom felt really bad that there was decon around and that for some reason Lola chose this time to stick her little face in it. Which is why I'm making the case for a conventional mousetrap. Or a cat. SO! If you are considering getting a puppy.... or a baby.... or really anything that indiscriminately sticks things in its mouth I would highly suggest considering an alternate form of rodent extermination because anything that kills you by causing serious internal bleeding is a little frightening!
No comments:
Post a Comment